With the increase in the world population, there is an immediate need to conserve land for settlements, industrialization, and agricultural purposes. It is a need for time to either control the birth rate or find alternate ways to settle the population down to prevent overcrowding. People are coming up with numerous ways to control the spread of citizens into rural territories by increasing the number of skyscrapers to accommodate more people in small areas.
However, the newest technology is advancing in an entirely different direction! People have come up with the unthinkable, foldable houses! This article will ensure that you are well-fed on all sorts of information regarding a foldable house.
What are Foldable Houses?
Foldable houses are a new concept in the construction and development industry, initially developed by Japanese architect Shigeru Ban in 1993. However, it took a long time for various construction companies and developers to adopt this idea. It is only recently that this idea has been popularized and preferred.
As the name suggests, Foldable houses can be folded or unfolded according to convenience. Foldable homes generally provide a significant number of incentives, especially in current circumstances, in which down payment for accommodations is skyrocketing.
Features of Foldable Houses
The foldable houses are unique in structure and mechanism, which brings out the ‘wow factor for the public. The following are the features of foldable homes:
- The house, as suggested by its name, can be packed or unpacked according to your need, which makes it exclusive and increases its demand.
- Various materials are used for making foldable houses, ranging from recyclable materials like cardboard to sturdier materials like aluminum, iron, steel, etc.
- Aluminum and steel are used for the frames, and wood and iron sheets (insulated with foam) are used for panel work.
- The panels are equipped with amenities like electricity, running water, and room for furniture.
- The panels are repairable and can be fixed if damage occurs.
- These foldable structures are not merely for residential purposes; instead, one can use them commercially for shops, clinics, offices, etc.
Benefits of Foldable Houses
Foldable houses are very widely preferred in different parts of the world because of their countless incentives. The best feature of this innovation is that it is relocatable and can be moved from place to place with ease. Apart from this, it can quickly settle down displaced people due to natural calamities like floods and earthquakes.
The foldable structure could efficiently serve as an additional part of any present house, which makes it a cheaper and easier option for extending the living space. Foldable houses are also helpful because they save one the trouble of constructing large structures. It is a very efficient way of saving up space. It can also be used for tourist settlements instead of spending money on building large-scale hotels and resorts.
In a nutshell, foldable houses are a new step in the construction industry to prevent overcrowding and promote sustainable development. It is becoming increasingly widespread owing to its excellent pros. One can quickly improve their standard of living by opting for foldable houses instead of saving money their whole life for traditional houses.